Ready to level up? We’re hiring!
We’re on the lookout for a rising interaction design star who’s ready to take the next step. Read the full job description below and apply if it sounds like you.
About Big Motive
Big Motive is an independent experience design studio.
For over a decade, we have delivered value and impact for our clients and their customers through the creation of new digital products and services. We specialise in the application of human-centred design to complex business and technology problems. Through our deeply collaborative way of working, we empower visionary teams with the skills to lead innovation. This approach unlocks culture change in the teams we work with as well as the opportunity to co-create better and sustainable outcomes for people, business and society.
We work with a broad spectrum of clients – multinational brands and businesses, high potential startups and government teams dedicated to the transformation of public services.
With a growing capability in the health and wellbeing sector we have come to recognise the impact that design can play across a wide range of health interventions. Designing digital services throughout the Pandemic, we have learned that complex health challenges require a multi-disciplined approach. We believe that a truly citizen-centred approach to design can be the glue that makes diverse disciplines cohere – affording better health services and systems that meet the needs of people everywhere.
We’re passionate about building an inclusive culture and a diverse team.
We aim to recruit a talented graduate interaction designer with a minimum of two year’s experience. In the role of interaction designer you’ll work within one of Northern Ireland’s leading design teams creating new user-centred digital services. As a hands-on member of the design team, you will work on a range of exciting projects, bringing a blend of design and development skills to deliver user-centred experiences that customers love.
- You appreciate the power of perfectly crafted design
- You have a growth mindset, consider yourself a global citizen and you’re inspired by the immense potential for change in the world
- You’re a finisher and get lots of pleasure from seeing projects through
- You love digital and have more than a passing interest in technology
- You have experience designing and building solutions in resource-constrained environments
- You’re comfortable navigating challenges and tough situations
- You’re skilled at visualising ideas and prototypes
- Working with the team at Big Motive to create digital solutions
- Play a key role in Big Motive’s marketing activity as well as supporting the team on social media production and updating and enhancing Big Motive’s website
- Develop and deliver artefacts, precise documentation and beautifully designed presentations
- Support the design team on translating research insights into wireframe prototypes
- Support the team to develop, launch and test digital solutions
- Contribute to healthy team motivation and morale
- Take action when it’s time to get things done or speak up when you need to discuss a project or clarify something
- Design case studies that demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of what we do
Qualifications and skills
- 3rd level qualification in Design, User Experience or related field
- 24+ months of professional experience in a design team or equivalent position
- Ability to develop interface design concepts and produce high quality visuals
- Experience working on concepts that have been implemented in the real world
- An awareness and curiosity of interaction design and the vital role it plays in the delivery of digital services
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Experience working in a team setting and ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues
- Understanding of interaction design / UX principles and practice
- Experience creating wireframe prototypes and working with prototyping software (eg. Figma, Invision and / or Adobe XD)
- Experience developing browser-based prototypes or complete websites
- Some experience in web development, ideally in WordPress and / or low-code frameworks
- Detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Salary and remuneration
- Based on experience
- Annual performance bonus – based on business performance and TBC
- Budget for professional development – up to £1000 p/a
To apply for this role :
Click below to email us a cover letter, CV and link to a functioning portfolio webiste. Tel us why you think you’re the ideal candidate for the role we’re seeking and in the absence of an online portfolio, we’ll consider PDFs. As we’re looking for a designer with coding skills whose primary focus will be designing incredible digital experiences, we’d prefer to view your stuff online.