Applications for this job have now closed
Contract Type: Full-time / permanent
Experience: 3+ years experience
Salary: £30-40k, commensurate with experience
Deadline: September 17, 2021
About Big Motive
Big Motive is an award-winning service design and innovation studio. We create digital products and experiences that improve the lives of people everywhere. We achieve this through a holistic ‘citizen-centred’ approach to making services better for the people who use and deliver them.
We assemble multi-disciplined teams to understand challenges from multiple perspectives. We uncover deep customer insight through data analysis and qualitative research, crafting ideas into solutions through iterative development and testing. Our deeply collaborative approach aligns stakeholders with end-users, as we build a foundation for success and seed creative cultures in the teams we work with.
Over the years, we’ve enjoyed working with a broad spectrum of clients, spanning multinational brands to high potential startups and government teams dedicated to the transformation of public services. We love to work at the axis where business strategy meets execution in the real world, moving in rapid cycles from sketched ideas to the code and technologies that bring digital experiences to life. We started Big Motive to give people better representation in the design of digital services. We believe that balancing the needs of people and planet, can lead to long-term sustainable value for business, society and the future we share.
Building on our inclusive culture and diverse team, we are now searching for a ‘Project Manager’ to join our team and further enhance our capability. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various design projects, including large service design projects, research initiatives, user experience projects and multi-stakeholder transformation programmes.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how design and technology can help us achieve our goals. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills. As a project manager, you should also use your communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams. Ultimately, you should be able to manage and deliver digital design projects within quality, time and budget requirements.
- You appreciate the power of the design process when executed well
- You have a growth mindset and you’re inspired by the immense potential for change
- You’re detail-oriented, a finisher and love to see projects through
- You are enthusiastic about digital technology
- You are experienced delivering projects in resource-constrained environments
- You are able to analyse data to define meaning and recommend outcomes
- You’re comfortable navigating challenges and tough situations
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Coordinate project management activities, resources and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes in Asana
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to individuals and manage schedules in Asana
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help to prepare estimates, budgets and project proposals
- Analyse risks and opportunities
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with delivery leads to eliminate blockers
- Use Asana to monitor priorities, working hours and project plans
- Issue contracts and terms of engagement
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports using Asana, Google Workspace and Notion
- Ensure the highest possible standards through appropriate quality assurance measures
- Make a positive contribution to team motivation and morale
As well as having acquired expertise working in a project management role on a range of digital projects, you:
- Are passionate about innovation – applying original thinking and advocating for the user
- Are able to think holistically, whilst being detail-oriented and delivery focused
- Are a clear communicator. You are capable of conveying ideas in writing, breaking down concepts clearly for a diverse range of stakeholders
- Are open to sharing… your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress
- Can appreciate when to challenge business requirements whilst championing user needs
- Seek out opportunities to learn and empower yourself and those you work with
- Can handle pressure and are able to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Have hands-on experience with project management software
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills
- Are able to travel—when it becomes safe to do so—occasionally, with advance planning
- Hold a degree qualification in business studies, communications, computer science or relevant field
Please apply by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: cover letter, current CV, portfolio website address (if available) and your LinkedIn profile address.